The 2019 Miss Rhode Island USA® | Miss Rhode Island Teen USA® pageants will be held September 7-9, 2018.
Eligibility requirements for participation in the 2019 state pageants include…
MISS RHODE ISLAND USA CONTESTANTS
- Must be at least 18 but under 28 years of age as of December 31, 2018.
- Must never have participated in a previous national MISS USA Pageant.
- May only compete in one MISS USA State Pageant (including the District of Columbia) per pageant year.
MISS RHODE ISLAND TEEN USA CONTESTANTS
- Must be at least 14 but under 19 years of age as of December 31, 2018.
- Must never have participated in a previous national MISS TEEN USA Pageant.
- May only compete in one MISS TEEN USA State Pageant (including the District of Columbia) per pageant year.
- Must not be married, never have been married, and never have had a marriage annulled. Must never have given birth to a child, cannot be pregnant or be a parent or guardian of any other adult or minor person. These representations and warranties must remain true through the State Pageant and, if you win the State Pageant, through the 2019 national pageant.
- Must be of good health and moral character.
- Must be a citizen of the United States, and at least one of the following must be true:
- (1) Must now reside in Rhode Island as your permanent and primary residence for the full period of at least three (3) months immediately prior to the beginning of the state pageant (although you may have attended college or University elsewhere);
- or (2) Must have resided in Rhode Island as a full-time student at a school, college or university and will complete or have completed one entire semester , trimester or summer session by December 31, 2018, and you will continue to reside in the State as a full-time student at that same school, college or university through the State Pageant and, if you win, through the 2019 national pageant.
- Must agree, that if selected to represent Rhode Island in the MISS USA or MISS TEEN USA pageant, you will participate in that pageant, and will abide by all the rules and regulations governing that pageant. If you win the MISS USA pageant, they must agree to participate in the MISS UNIVERSE PAGEANT, and to abide by the rules and regulations governing that pageant.
- No contestant or any member of their immediate family can be employed by or work as a volunteer for IMG Universe, LLC, IMG Worldwide, LLC d/b/a the Miss Universe Organization, any State Director in the MISS USA and/or MISS TEEN USA Pageant system, any company or enterprise IMG (Miss Universe Organization) owns or controls, Ernst & Young, or, any of the subsidiaries, affilates or related companies of the foregoing. If contestant or any member of their immediate family is employed by any of the foregoing or any firm or corporation controlled or affiliated with any of them, they must notify the state director immediately, in writing, so that their eligibility may be determined.
- Must agree that if you win or succeed to the state level title or the national title of MISS USA or MISS TEEN USA, you will not participate in any other pageants during the time you hold any of these titles, unless authorized in writing by The Miss Universe Organization.
- Must be willing to release, unconditionally and forever, any claim against The Miss Universe Organization, Its parent and affiliated or related companies and their respective officers, directors, partners, employees, agents and assigns, which they may have by virtue of their participation in their state pageant, or by any use of their name, likeness, voice, and/or biography in connection with their state pageant, including use in promotional and advertising material.
- Must understand and agree that all issues as to eligibility shall be determined by The Miss Universe Organization and they must agree to abide by that determination both as to themselves and other applicants.
INfusion Boutique, provides clothing for every phase of the competition. Anita Seraichyk and her team will help you find the most flattering clothing for your figure, style and look!
For more information or
to schedule an appointment:
Each contestant will need rehearsal clothing (sweats, sweatshirts, jeans, tennis shoes, etc.). The required competition and stage wardrobe is as follows:
Private Interview: You should select an outfit that you find appropriate for a job interview, and that reflects your personality. The outfit should make you feel comfortable and present yourself in a sophisticated and self-confident manner. Some examples include: slacks and a sweater set, pants and a blouse, a skirt with a coordinating top, etc. The outfit can range from casual to business oriented.
Swimsuit (MISS CONTESTANTS): Contestants choose their own swimsuit; you may chose between a solid colored one or two-piece suit. Adequate coverage is required; Brazilian cuts and thongs are not allowed. Swimsuits may be any appropriate style, and design, and there are no color restrictions. Although we ask that the suit be solid in color, there may be a small embellishment or trim of another color.
- Activewear (TEEN CONTESTANTS): This year, Teen contestants will be competing in active wear. Capri style athletic pants are required. Sports bra or full length athletic style workout top is required. Sleeves (cap or full) are not permitted.
Evening Gown: All contestants must have a full-length evening gown of their choice. The style, design, and color are up to you. It can be elaborate, or very simple. Choose something that makes you feel beautiful. Your gown should represent YOUR own personality and taste. Remember that you can look like a million bucks without spending a million bucks! Teens are encouraged to wear gowns that reflect a more youthful style and look than the Miss contestants.
Opening Production Number: For the 2019 pageant, MISS contestants will wear a solid BLACK cocktail dress. TEEN contestants will wear a solid colored cocktail dress in any shade of PINK. All shoes should be secure on the foot and comfortable enough to dance in.
JUDGING & CRITERIA
Each Contestant will compete in three equal phases of preliminary competition: Interview, Swimsuit (Miss Contestants)/ Actiewear (Teen Contestants) and Evening Gown. The results from these preliminary phases of competition are added up, and the contestants with the highest composite scores become semifinalists. The number of semifinalists will be determined by the total number of contestants in the competition and is typically between 10 and 15. Scoring is based on the following:
- Interview : Pageant judges spend time with each delegate to learn about her successes, talents, goals and ambitions. Attention is focused on her poise, charm, self – confidence and her ability to communicate, as well as the substance of her answers. Preliminary interviews are conducted individually in front of the entire judging panel in a private and closed setting. You will have a two to three-minute interview with the panel of 5 or 7 judges. It’s very comfortable and conversational. Contestants are scored on their communication skills, and personality. They are NOT scored on their opinions or personal beliefs.
- Swimsuit (Miss) / Activewear (Teen): Attention is focused on beauty of face, figure, physical fitness, stage presence and the confidence with which each contestant carries herself. Numerical measurements are not considered in the judging. There is no perfect body type!
- Evening Gown : Each contestant wears a gown she has chosen for herself. Attention is focused on each contestant’s overall appearance, self-confidence, and the beauty she bring to the gown of her choice. She is evaluated on grace, poise, style, stage presence, and overall-impression. Judges are instructed to evaluate the contestant, not the dress she is wearing.
There is no talent competition and no experience is necessary.
Preliminary results from the private interview and the swimsuit/activewear & evening gown stage presentations are tallied and audited on Saturday night after the preliminary show concludes. On Sunday, the MISS RHODE ISLAND USA & MISS RHODE ISLAND TEEN USA Final Competition kicks off with the opening production number followed by the parade of evening gowns. Soon after, the semi-finalists are announced and they will again compete in swimsuit/activewear and evening gown and the judges will narrow the field to a group of five finalists.
One final on-stage question for the remaining Top-5 will be conducted by the Emcee. They will then appear on stage for group judging and have a spotlighted “Final Look” when each judge will independently select their winner, 1st runner-up, 2nd runner-up, 3rd runner-up, and 4th runner-up in each age group. These events lead up to the crowning of the new Miss RHODE ISLAND USA and Miss RHODE ISLAND Teen USA! All contestants will participate on stage several times during the show. Even if they are not selected as Semi-Finalists, there will be several other honors to award that evening.
The judges are looking for the young ladies to represent RHODE ISLAND throughout the state, as well as, nationally and internationally. The contestant who wins may not have scored the highest in any one particular category but will do well in all events. They will be young women who possess the entire package of poise, personality, intelligence and beauty. They should understand that, along with the prizes and glamour, there comes a responsibility to the pageant system, sponsors, community, and to the state of RHODE ISLAND. They automatically and instantly become role models. It is certain to be a year of personal growth and maturing.
We have aligned ourselves with some of the most well respected people in their fields and
would love to give you the opportunity to work with each of them during your pageant preparations.
INfusion Boutique Official Wardrobe Consultant Anita Seraichyk (401) 480-8187 www.weddingpageantpromgowns.com
Daniel Gagnon Photography Official Pageant Photographer Providence, RI www.danielgagnonphoto.com (401) 487-0134
Calma Salon & Day Spa Official Sponsor 650 Oaklawn Ave., Cranston, RI (401) 942-9119 www.calmasalon.com
Scott's Fitness Personal Training Services (401) 305-7188
Juliette Holt Photography Swansea, MA www.jholtprophotography.com (508) 617-6873
Salon Panache Perfect Eyebrows 22 years of Threading experience (401) 464-4044
Dr. Anthony Vocaturo, DDS Dental Consultant (877) 50-SMILE www.drvocaturo.com